Young people in America are coming of age in a political moment unlike any we have seen before. Politics in the United States has always been rough and tumble, but lately it has taken a more frightening turn. These days, it seems we talk past rather than to one another. Reason and persuasion – the pillars of our liberal democracy – are being replaced by anger and intimidation.
There is an organization that believes what unites us as Americans is still stronger than that which divides us. We are No Labels, and we are looking for the nation’s most talented and dedicated students to join our No Labels Youth Congress. The No Labels Youth Congress is an exclusive opportunity for young people to receive the inside scoop on the inner workings of our nation’s capital and gain the tools and inside experience they need to build a career in politics and civil service. As a Youth Congress delegate you will receive a political education that cannot be found anywhere else, with an opportunity to gain experience across several disciplines, interact with members of Congress, business and community leaders, and help build a grassroots movement across the country. Most importantly, you’ll develop lifelong connections with other young people across the country who, like you, want to change America for the better.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The No Labels Youth Congress has a competitive application process. The select few who are chosen will serve as their state’s delegate for the 2021-2022 session.
During this time, delegates will:
- Play a critical role in developing Youth Congress initiatives and organize their peers around No Labels initiatives.
- Attend quarterly virtual meetings of the full Youth Congress governing body and gain access to exclusive briefings with the nation’s top political and policy leaders.
- Enter an exclusive resume bank, which will offer Youth Congress members access to a broad network of internship and job opportunities with campaigns, nonprofits, think tanks and other political organizations.
- Great attitude
- Team player
- Well-rounded individual with previous experience in civic engagement (campus political club, debate team, campaign volunteer/ intern, etc.)
- Eagerness to learn
- Believe in the mission and interested in the movement
- Politically astute with knowledge of the legislative and executive branches
How To Apply:
Deadline to Apply: January 31, 2021
The application deadline for our 2021 session has passed, please check back later for updates on the 2022 section. For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org